Monday, October 09, 2006

Finding new experience in life

I bought a concert ticket!! Perform by my so call idol during my teenager age. Yes!! Alan Tham concert on my special day. A bit sad caused my dear hubby’s don’t want to come along. Yeah no excuse that he don’t know the songs… but to me it is all about the moments being and doing things together. Don’t you girl out there have the same issues with guys… its really hard to make them understands. Most of the time!!

I found out that he actually knows quite a bit of Alan’s songs, but maybe these songs don’t seems like trigger any special memories in his life or he is just being stubborn as per him. Thus instead I go with my elder sister's and ah Juan's, my brother in law.
Hahahaha 3 middle age fellows, go for a concert for the first time!!!! Really “sua ku”.

So somebody might think ohhh! My hubby’s must be the fans of late leslie’s, so he hates Alan’s!! Or maybe he doesn’t even like music. hahahah!! Not even close…Believe me, he is actually listening to those hokien songs. “su su liam liam, su su liam liam” kind of song during his teenager age. No offend to hokien lang here. Caused I don’t really have any idea I will marry to a hokien lang. I don’t even speak or understands a single word. And I am not even known that not all malaysian chinese is actually understand Cantonese. i thought everybody speak cantonese and I found out the true when I work at klang right after I finished my form 5. I was so naïve at that time. When I first expose to these hokien song, I was really laugh out loud . The language sounds rude or feeling like speaking dirty words or very yoke ma in cantonese. This is just because I used to cantonese and I think probably hokien lang should have the same feeling for Cantonese.

Ah Juan's cantonese is worse than my hubby's or the best is" ½ kati, 8 tahil" or "bun ken bat liong". I did ask him, whether he knows alan's songs? And in fact he really did. He used to listening to Alan’s song during his teenager time and my sister's told me that he used to pronounce Alan’s name as “Tham Mei Loon”.

So why suddenly 3 of us have the urged to go concert and some more I am going without my life companion being with me on my special day? somehow and somewhat remind us of our value for life.

Ah Juan father's was living alone at his remaining years of his life. His wife goes earlier before him. As usual, the elders at rural area won’t like city life. I think just because they don’t like to change their life style… probably we will think what life style they have at kampung? His daily life is just a simple routine. He is enjoying collecting rubbish. Whatever you can name it. The rubbish he collected pilled up his whole house and he only leaves a narrow way leading to his room.

His other hobby is attending those Japanese company sales talks and collecting the little free gift by end of every session. Bottom line is collecting every single thing that is free and he won’t throw anything at all… including all the left over food.
He passed away somewhere ends of last year and I inherited some of his collections (basket he collected from attending sales talk). his collections were too many and they have to hire lorry for 4-5 trips to clear all the rubbish in the house.

Ah Juan father's did sufferred before he go. His life has changed since he had an operation. He moved to KL to stay with ah Juan's. Since then, he had no more things to do ..He doesn’t enjoy watching TV or reading and basically he had nothing to do. He just sits at the balcony counting how many people or cars has passed by. And the fact is thier apartment is isolated… you will hardly see more than 10 people/cars a day. You know what’s the common thing will happen to old people after operation…no appettide, then weak and fell. his health deteriorate day by day. the last moment is just lying on bed counting the days and it take him around a year time.

One thing he reminds us is to enjoy our life. Pursuing and experience all kind things while we still can. It is important that we have hobbies but the most important things here is adapting to the environments. Always finds new hobbies and don’t “sek ku pat fa”.

I do not know how long I can live. can I live until old age? Alone or with my hubby? No one can guarantee we can still stand or walking or even alive tomorrow. Most of the singer during my teenager age has gone. Daniel Chan, Loh Kei, leslie, teressa teng and the most recent Anita Mui. Thus please spend your money and do whatever thing you wanna do… or experience new things and you may find out that you like it or the worst is just keep it as an experience in your life.

Some how I found that the concert is not that bad…just alan’s sang too much mandarin song. When he sings those Cantonese songs, I have this feeling that I am back to my teenager life. Experiencing the thing that I never been thru during my teenager life… screaming!!! like I am 18 years old. I saw my sister enjoying too. She never failed to respond to alan’s and the crowd. She is asking me “why I am not screaming”. of course sometime i keep quite!! “I just wanna save my voices for my favorite songs” I replied. It’s too bad that Alan’s didn’t sing 忘不了你.

She asked "which singer o'jin likes ya and we will go the next time". She used to spends wisely and me as well. Maybe we are not from wealthy family or we actually inherited our parents’ conservative genes. She is now even signed up for slimming course. As long as we are happy!!! The money we spend is really worth it.
But please remember ya!! don’t spend until you have to suffer at later life ya!!!! Enjoy two years and suffer the rest of your life. As long as you are spending the money you owned now… then you are saved :P and of course save for rainny days

3 comments:

Patrick said...

ya, i like alan tam's cantonis song too, his old song sound better compare to his new song! :)

sming said...

yeap !! I always believe in doing what I want when I can.. But of coz I have to save for rainy days too.. Just spend some on myself. :)
Aii.. now u make me wanna listen to yat sang zhong zhui oi....

ctchia said...

su ming!!! i thought you like koko... and you also like alan...
so i guess you are not the extreme fan of leslie.