Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Mika's is finally walking at 18 Months

It was a long time since my last update on Mika’s development.
A very long journey for Mika’s to leap on his next development, a slip till posing some concern from relatives. Of course, I still hold on to believe that it is not to worry. In my mind, I was thinking that the best is walking at 18 months like his daddy. Not too late to worry me. Of course, initially not to expect that long, but after observing his behavior and I know it is a long way to go. . It is a one year journey, from his army crawling till he mastered crawling on four, Peep pap peep pap from here and there.
Finally Mika’s is showing his interest on walking on his 18 months. He has just realized the benefits of walking rather than crawling, where he have to craw like an army if both his hands grapping on something and with a very ugly crab/handicap crawling style if one of his hand grapping on something.
With an intention to practice his new skill, I brought Mika’s to the park for a walk the first time on last Sunday. At first, he dares not to let go my hand but finally he made it, walking step by step slowly alone at the park. Saw him mostly fall down but managed to push his hand on the floor and squat down and I was thinking, probably this is a wiser choice for him to walk at later stage. Meanwhile I am enjoying a bit as others with the same age have mastered the skill of running. I am imagining myself now, how awful being screaming and running catching mika’s and I hope not till this extend. Please behave my son.
I see my son walking standing tall like a three years old toddler but indeed he is always my little baby, no matter how tall and how old he grows. My mother told me that seeing Mika’s walking remind her of me. She commented that Mika’s walking style resembles me and I am imagine myself now, long waving hands walking slowly with unsteady long legs. I hope I will remember every moment that we spent together forever. If not, I have taken some photo and short video which I don’t have the luxury when I was young.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Accidently saw your blog, surprise.
My old old friend hv blog sine Y2006 which i dont know, hehe.

ctchia said...

Yeah En Fang, this is a very good channel for me to fill up my empty time. Will try to keep this as habit. I read back all my article today n I am enjoying this, explaining to my son all this moment. I might not able to do this without this blog. He was asking me to google his name and see whether he can find his pictures and I am very proud caused the search bring us to this blog